Psalm 34:4-5

"I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears.  Those who look to Him are RADIANT;  their faces are never covered with shame."  
Welcome to the Radiant Women's Ministry Online Devotional!
Many lives have been touched by the women of H2O sharing their hearts through this effective ministry tool!
If you are new to this devotional, we would like to share with you how it works...
Each week, one woman will be featured in the devotional. She will have the opportunity to share a little about herself and what God has placed on her heart to share with the women of H2O. At the end of each post is a comment section labeled "encouragements". This is used as an opportunity to encourage and uplift our courageous women who are graciously sharing their hearts with us.
If you haven't already done so, please consider becoming a FOLLOWER of this devotional. This helps us see who this is reaching. Please click the "FOLLOW" link below. It will ask you to create an account....it only takes a few minutes.
If you are interested in becoming a featured woman of the week in our Radiant Ministry Online Devotional, you may sign up by clicking on the link below and typing your name into an open slot.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tx9hdZxjZNuqGVTlISykNRg&hl=en#gid=0
We look forward to another year of lives being changed and the women of H2O growing closer through this unique opportunity to share what God is doing in our hearts!

Monday, July 19, 2010

July 19 - Christin Bond


How long have you been coming to HsO?  That's a tricky question.  I began coming to "H2O" in 2001 when I was in college, and it was Cypress Church in the Radisson hotel on 434.  Then in 2005 after it became H2O and moved from the movie theater to 8 seconds, my husband and I alternated coming each week between his home church in Oviedo and H2O.  Then we were absent for about a year while he did a youth pastor internship at a different church in Orlando.  But I missed H2O so much that we came back in 2007 after the internship was done and have been there ever since.
 
What do you like to do for fun?  Some things I like to do for fun are getting together with friends (I really enjoy hosting people in our home), acting, going to work, playing with my kids and taking pictures/videos of them on my phone. 
 
What's an interesting fact about you? I'm barefoot 90% of the time, I don't really like chocolate, I've always wanted to play guitar and sing in a band, and I don't own a pair of sunglasses.   
 
I guess recent fears/anxieties are that I can't really see any big picture in life that God has set up for our family.  I want to know the different plan that involves great things for us and that things aren't always going to be the same way they are now.  But I fear that maybe we are missing steps that He wants us to take and that He is going to keep us where we are for years more before something comes along.  I worry about how it is affecting my husband because he seems to be depressed about life in general and the way things are, but he won't open up to me.  If you could pray for him to share more and to see me for someone who wants to listen and support him, that would be great. 
 
I'm going to put my lows with my encouragements because it seems like they are coming together.  My grandmother passed away a few weeks ago.  She was 93 and we had a wonderful long time with her.  My children were able to know their great grandmother and enjoy each other.  She died peacefully at home and not in a hospital, which was a blessing to us.  Although it was in good timing, I still was really sad and ended up not doing anything or leaving my house for it seems like 2 weeks.  So, that was definitely a low, as well as just watching the summer passing us by. 
 
However, God was looking out for us with His timing.  We were planning on moving down the street when our lease is up at the end of July.  We had already put down a deposit, yet not signed an actual lease yet.  Now, we will be moving in a few weeks into my grandmother's house, while not having to break a lease.  It is the first time Eric, the kids, and I will be living in a real house with a yard together as a family.  We are thankful that God is always looking out for us, and for setting up this wonderful opportunity. 
 
Another low is that my dad lost his job this week.  Please pray that finds another one quickly.  Another low is that Eric has been getting scheduled nights again, which makes me feel more alone and not like a real family ending our days together.
 
Well, about this teaching...what is God trying to teach me?  I am currently confused about the state of things, and I am sure that God will bring everything into a wonderful enlightening teaching where I will have an "aha!" moment, but at this point in time, I'm sorry to say that I have to leave this teaching section "under construction."
 
Prayer Requests  1. strength for my dad who has lost both his mother and his job within a few weeks of each other  2. for me to pack up two houses now--my grandmother's to get it cleared out and then my own to move everything over there.  3. for the kids to hang in there through the moving process and days that we don't really get to do "something fun" and for me to show them and Eric extra love beyond my frustrations.  Thank you!


4 comments:

B said...

Beautiful picture, Christin!
I am praying for your Dad. Really hard things to be dealing with all at once. Also, although I know it is a blessing to be moving into a home of your own, I know the process of moving is very stressful, so I will pray that you receive strength and patience during the process.

-Jenni said...

Thanks so much for sharing, Christin. Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Christin! I so enjoyed getting to chat with you at the first Radiant Girls night. Sounds like this summer has been a roller coaster of emotions for you, and it is certainly tough trying to be "all things to all people." I will pray for you and your family. Thanks for sharing so openly!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes. And ditto Betsy's comment... BEAUTIFUL picture!