How long have you been coming to H20?I have been coming to H2O for 3 years; since my relocation to Florida from Indianapolis... However, I had been doing some consulting for the Splash team prior to my move.
What do you like to do for fun?
I am a sports fan. Love watching Football, both college and pro. Huge Purdue Boilermaker fan and Indianapolis Colts fan. Also college basketball, Indy Car racing and watching the Olympics when they are on. Also enjoy spending my time with the Sandon family and hang at the rink watching Joy skate.
I am a sports fan. Love watching Football, both college and pro. Huge Purdue Boilermaker fan and Indianapolis Colts fan. Also college basketball, Indy Car racing and watching the Olympics when they are on. Also enjoy spending my time with the Sandon family and hang at the rink watching Joy skate.
What's an interesting fact about you?
I love teaching! I teach special education and have taught all ages from birth through high school and all disabilities. I also love working in the urban environment and helping to meet all the needs of my students and their families.
I love teaching! I teach special education and have taught all ages from birth through high school and all disabilities. I also love working in the urban environment and helping to meet all the needs of my students and their families.
This has been my life verse for many years. Each time I start wondering why my life is taking the path it is, God brings me back to this promise. When my father passed away in 1988, God led me to this verse in my quiet time. It touched my heart so much that the God of the Universe had a plan for MY life that will give me "a future and a hope". Could I be that important to Him? Why would my life matter that much to God? Could he fill the void that was left by my father's death?
Time has passed and I can say with a definite "YES!" that God can and does care for me that much. As I look back on the past 22 years, I have seen His hand direct my path. I have seen Him clearly orchestrate my life so that He has me where He wants me to touch the lives He would have me touch. It has not always been easy or even pleasant at times, but when I stop and look for Him, I can see Him and His direction.
My relocation to Florida was a difficult one. I was so excited to start my new job in Orange County at Pine Hills Elementary. As the year started I realized that some of the choices my administration was making were not the best for me or my students. There were some things that they were doing that were questionable. I was miserable. I cried all the way to work, pulled it together to teach, then cried all the way home. My family convinced me that I should consider resigning at the end of the semester. I had never done that and wasn't sure I should. As I prayed about it, I realized that God had a plan. I resigned and began substitute teaching in Seminole County. This opened the door to my current position at Sanford Middle School - the age group I swore I would never teach! This job has been a perfect fit for me....and wasn't available until a year after I moved (a God thing)! I know that as I walk with Him, He will direct my steps.
Over the past 18 months or so, I had allowed life to push my time with God out of the way. I still felt a connection to Him but was not spending much time in the Word, journaling or praying. I just took Him for granted. As I did this, my life seemed more chaotic and out of control. I felt God's pull but usually just ignored it. In the past few weeks, God used the end of the school year and Splash to get my attention. I was feeling so frazzled and out of control, that I finally listened to God's call back to Him. Instead of working through His strength, I was trying to do it all on my own. I finally came back to Him. As He has done many times before, He opened His arms wide and drew me in. I am thankful for this wake up call and have reconnected with my Father once again. Although life is not in control, it is managable with His strength.
Please pray for me that I would stay connected with Him. It is so easy to let life take over. I don't want to go there again. Also pray that as we return to school next month, that I would be able to shine His light on campus. I will be doubling my case load this year and may have less help. Pray that my faith will be a light to my assistant and that we will be able to have more spiritual conversations.
2 comments:
Thanks so much for sharing, Char. What an important verse to meditate on! I, too, get so busy that I forget what is important--getting in God's word and talking to Him. I appreciate your story and what a testament it is to how God takes care of us.
Thank you for sharing Char. I really respect what you do as it is not a glamorous job. I know you must be called to work in those environments and I am thankful that God places the perfect people in those positions. I will pray that you continually seek God daily to give you strength to excel at what you do.
Post a Comment