
How long have you been coming to H2O? I've been going to H2O for almost 2 years now, and I can't believe it has been that long.
What do you like to do for fun? For fun, I love spending time with my family! Bobby and I both work a lot, so it's nice when we get to relax and spend time together with our son, Joshua.
What's an interesting fact about you? An interesting fact, which some of you may know, is that I LOVE coupons and good deals. I pay close to nothing for groceries!
One of the biggest fears I have is not being a good mother/wife/teacher/sister/friend...I think you get the point. I am really struggling with juggling it all. I am trying so hard to let go and let God handle it all, but that is something that is SO hard for me. I love knowing that I have everything under control, and it takes just sitting and reflecting to allow God to TELL me that He is bigger and better than I am; that He knows what's best at all times.
What do you like to do for fun? For fun, I love spending time with my family! Bobby and I both work a lot, so it's nice when we get to relax and spend time together with our son, Joshua.
What's an interesting fact about you? An interesting fact, which some of you may know, is that I LOVE coupons and good deals. I pay close to nothing for groceries!
One of the biggest fears I have is not being a good mother/wife/teacher/sister/friend...I think you get the point. I am really struggling with juggling it all. I am trying so hard to let go and let God handle it all, but that is something that is SO hard for me. I love knowing that I have everything under control, and it takes just sitting and reflecting to allow God to TELL me that He is bigger and better than I am; that He knows what's best at all times.
I also struggle with thinking that I'm a horrible mother/wife/teacher/sister/friend, but I know that's not true. That doubt creeps in and I just have to remember that God loves me. I'm not perfect in any of those areas, but I try. I know I could do a lot better in some of those areas, but I also know that God is making me better on a daily basis. Once again, I feel like this all leads back to allowing God to be in control.
God continues to bless us SO much each day. As the holidays are approaching, I realize just how thankful I really am! God has given me so many amazing friends, and our son, Joshua, has brought us so much joy to my life. We just look forward to each new day with him! On top of that, I went back to work after staying home with him for a year. I do miss being a "stay at home mom," but I love teaching and I am thankful I get to do both!
I kind of mentioned my "lows" in the paragraph above, but I think my lows also have to do with the fact that I'm so tired. I am not complaining, though, because I love what I do and I'm thankful that I have a job.
God continues to bless us SO much each day. As the holidays are approaching, I realize just how thankful I really am! God has given me so many amazing friends, and our son, Joshua, has brought us so much joy to my life. We just look forward to each new day with him! On top of that, I went back to work after staying home with him for a year. I do miss being a "stay at home mom," but I love teaching and I am thankful I get to do both!
I kind of mentioned my "lows" in the paragraph above, but I think my lows also have to do with the fact that I'm so tired. I am not complaining, though, because I love what I do and I'm thankful that I have a job.
Since this is my first year back to teaching after I took a year off, I am getting to work really early everyday and leaving really late. As much as I love teaching, I would love to have more time with my family. My lows are when I don't get to spend time with them, but I'm working on making the most of the time I do have.
If you can find a truly good wife, she is worth more than precious gems. Her husband can trust her, and she will richly satisfy his needs. She will not hinder him, but help him all her life. She finds wool and flax and busily spins it. She buys imported foods, brought by ship from distant ports. She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household , and plans the day's work for her servant girls. She goes out to inspect a field, and buys it; with her own hands she plants a vineyard. She is energetic, a hard worker, and watches for bargains (see, what I do is actually in the Bible :). She works far into the night. Proverbs 31: 10-18
This is what I want to strive for everyday! A good wife is worth more than precious gems. Ladies, I know how hard all of you work. It may go unnoticed by everyone around you, but God knows what you do for your friends, family and even strangers. You are worth more than precious gems. God loves you more than anything and sees the sacrifices you are making. Be encouraged and know that there is ONE who is watching you and your actions, good and bad, never go unnoticed. Keep striving to do what God calls us and challenges us to do! It may go unnoticed now, but you never know how many lives you are transforming through your minimal (or not so minimal) sacrifices!
I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! People have been telling me that during this week (since I'm a teacher I have this week off), to take some time for myself. However, I challenge you to do the opposite this week. Sacrifice even more because God sent the ultimate sacrifice for us!
Prayer Requests
I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! People have been telling me that during this week (since I'm a teacher I have this week off), to take some time for myself. However, I challenge you to do the opposite this week. Sacrifice even more because God sent the ultimate sacrifice for us!
Prayer Requests
Please pray for my sister in law. She is 33 weeks pregnant with twins and is 19 years old. Also, she watches Joshua, so when she delivers, we don't know what we're going to do with him....and it could happen at any time. Yikes! :)
3 comments:
April,
I see the love you have for your sweet little boy when you pick him up from the nursery each Sunday. There is no doubt in my mind that you are a terrific mother. Thank you for sharing the scripture that we all need to revisit often! Praying for you this week!
April, what you shared was exactly what I needed to hear right now. I've been working through a lot of similar thoughts over the past few weeks. Oh, and I think you're pretty amazing too and really appreciate you reaching out to me each Sunday to say hello and to ask how I've been doing!
Post a Comment