
How long have you been coming to H2O?
I've been coming to H20 for about 6 or 7 months
What do you like to do for fun?
I love to meet new people, and visit with friends
What's an interesting fact about you?
I have crooked pinkies and crooked toes!
Oh man has God been teaching me a thing or two lately!
First of all, I would like to say that God grabbed me by the hand 6 or 7 months ago and changed my life!
I was born in Michigan and I came down to Florida for college. While going to an almost ALL BOY school, I'm sure you can see where I've run into trouble. I don't have a close relationship with my father and he wasn't around for much of my childhood. In fact, it has left some pretty deep scars and a big empty hole that i didn't know how to fill because I wasn't asking God to fill it. When I was 16, I had my first kiss and from there it was a downward spiral into trying to fill the void with something other than God. Now, don't get me wrong I knew who God was(I was raised Catholic) but I didn't know the weight of my sin, just that He loved me endlessly. I kissed boy after boy after boy, I've always managed to keep my virginity, but I've done some things that I'm not proud of and that I wish I could take back. When I got to college it got worse and worse. I finally met my boyfriend now and he told me that I was worth so much more than what I was treating myself like.
Lately, God has been showing me what a real relationship is like-which means not running away for every little argument-and He's really shed some light on where I have placed my dad in my life. I haven't forgiven him yet, and I can see how it has affected me. I know it's a process because it does hurt a lot, but a resolution for 2011 is to START to forgive my dad.
God's love feels so great in my life now because I am starting to read in the word, and I'm finally starting to see what a relationship is like with him. I'm still learning, but I haven't really had christian friends until now, and so it is so wonderful to talk about God and share!
Prayer Requests:
A JOB!!! I'm so desperately in need of money!
To be able to make the monthly payments on my student loans
For me to continue to grow in the spirit and to mature through Christ
My mom is going through some tough stuff and she really needs the prayers
Finally, for my brothers and dad and friends from back home to know Christ like I am beginning too
Thank you all so much for reading and praying! God bless you all! =D
4 comments:
Hey Cassy!
Thanks for posting, it was nice to get to know you a little bit by reading it. And thank you for updated us at life group, congrats on having 2 jobs now!!!!!!!!!! God certainly is working hugely in your life!
Cassy -
I'm encouraged to hear about how God is grabbing your heart and changing you. I know it's a tough road and a long one but learning how God loves us is so important. Keep pursuing Him!
So thankful for you and your heart Cassy! I loved reading about how God is revealing himself to you. You are so special and such a sweetie. Thanks for being vulnerable.
Thank you ladies so much!! It means a lot to be able to share my heart with you. Thank you so much for all of your encouragements! I love you my sisters <3
Post a Comment