Psalm 34:4-5

"I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears.  Those who look to Him are RADIANT;  their faces are never covered with shame."  
Welcome to the Radiant Women's Ministry Online Devotional!
Many lives have been touched by the women of H2O sharing their hearts through this effective ministry tool!
If you are new to this devotional, we would like to share with you how it works...
Each week, one woman will be featured in the devotional. She will have the opportunity to share a little about herself and what God has placed on her heart to share with the women of H2O. At the end of each post is a comment section labeled "encouragements". This is used as an opportunity to encourage and uplift our courageous women who are graciously sharing their hearts with us.
If you haven't already done so, please consider becoming a FOLLOWER of this devotional. This helps us see who this is reaching. Please click the "FOLLOW" link below. It will ask you to create an account....it only takes a few minutes.
If you are interested in becoming a featured woman of the week in our Radiant Ministry Online Devotional, you may sign up by clicking on the link below and typing your name into an open slot.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tx9hdZxjZNuqGVTlISykNRg&hl=en#gid=0
We look forward to another year of lives being changed and the women of H2O growing closer through this unique opportunity to share what God is doing in our hearts!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 16th, 2011: Joyfully Made Jenni McIntire














If you possessed the courage, talent, and resources to do anything in the world what would you do?

I am very fortunate to be doing a couple of things that I absolutely love. I have always enjoyed performing and making people laugh. I get to do that on a weekly basis now at SAK Comedy Lab. I think I would love to have the drive to really use those things that I love to further God’s kingdom. Also, I wish I could dance like the people on So You Think You Can Dance, but I think that ship has already sailed…

Devotional:

I have been struggling a lot lately with happiness. I used to be a pretty happy person, I think. Now, I have a hard time getting excited about anything. I thought that maybe some of it was because I am a “grown up” now. But, as I sat and listened to the speaker at our last Radiant Girlz Nite, I had kind of a thought. I think that God may be calling me to him by kind of diminishing the amount of pleasure I get out of things that distract me from him. It was just a hypothesis, but I kept mulling it over in my head. In my last post, I mentioned that I read to my son from the Jesus Storybook Bible. I love it, so I am going to use a couple of passages from it to illustrate my point. This quote comes from the story of the Tower of Babel:

“But God wasn’t pleased with them. God could see what they were doing. They were trying to live without him, but God knew that wouldn’t make them happy or safe or anything. If they kept on like this, they would only destroy themselves, and God loved them too much to let that happen. So he stopped their plans.”

I think this made sense to me. God loves me too much to let me spend my life chasing “happiness for a moment” kind of stuff. He wants me to find true happiness in Him. I don’t think he’s doing it to be mean (although, at times, I think I have felt that way). He is doing it to bring me back to him. I don’t think that he is telling me to give up all these little things I used to enjoy. I believe that he is trying to get my attention and wants me to be reminded, through time with him in prayer and Bible study, of all that he has done for me and how much he loves me. There is another story of Ezra and Nehemiah reading the rules God had given to Moses to the Jews. The people started to get extremely upset, tears in their eyes, realizing that they had not followed the rules, worrying that God would punish them. Ezra stopped reading, shut the book, and declared that they were going to have a party.

“’God wants us to be happy!’ Ezra said. All day long they listened to stories about the wonderful things God had done for his people. How he made the world. How he gave a special promise to Abraham. How he rescued them from slavery. How he spoke to Moses and showed them how to live. How he brought them to a special land. How he rescued them—no matter what, time after time, over and over again—because of his Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love.”

So, God does want me to be happy, and he shows me that through his Word and through time with him. Now, I just need to not get caught up in the busyness that is our modern lives and start devoting that time to being reminded of God’s love.

Prayer:

Please pray for me that I would continue to seek God and become a more happy, joyful person through his strength.


2 comments:

niki mcintire said...

Jenni,

Thanks for sharing and being so open. God definately wants you to be happy! He delights in you and who he made you to be :-). I think I easily get distracted from the bigger things, too, and he has ways of drawing us back to him and humbling us where and when we need it (that's been the case for Matt and I this past year). I will be praying that you would be drawn closer to him and find a new joy in who he is and what he has done for all of us. Thanks for the reminder of the fact that we need to step away from our busyness and spend more time in reflection and devotion with the God who rescued us. Love, Niki

B said...

Jenni, I love that God is speaking to you and you are hearing Him loud and clear! I loved seeing your eyes light up at the Radiant Girlz Nite when you realized what God was trying to tell you. You know we both share a love for "fluff" and there are times for that, but I am encouraged by what God is doing in you and want to listen more intently as well.