
How long have you been coming to H2O?
Brief background of how we ended up in Orlando...My husband and I moved to Orlando in November of 2004 from Howell, MI. We felt that it was time for a change and God was leading us here. We did not have jobs lined up or even many leads when we left MI, but we sold our house and moved to a small apartment in East Orlando, trusting God would provide. It was a more difficult adjustment than we expected, but 6 months later we were both employed. We had friends here from college (Purdue University), Ryan and Jenni McIntire. They were attending H2O, so we decided to check it out. The first time we visited, we felt the authenticity of H2O that we were longing for in a church family. God has blessed us greatly giving us the opportunity to serve at H2O.
What do you like to do for fun?
I really enjoy cooking. I don't cook gourmet meals by any means and I don't like to bake. My goal is to keep recipes simple, healthy and tasty.
I like to find and create recipes that are budget-friendly and don't require hours and hours of prep work. Although we don't have a home that is ideal for entertaining, I really enjoy having friends over for dinner. Planning and cooking dinner for my husband Keith and 3 yr old daughter Elizabeth is a time that I look forward to almost every day.
I also enjoy planning and organizing pretty much anything, especially in our home. I like when things are in order and systems are created that work well.
What is an interesting fact about you?
Despite living in Florida, Winter is and has always been my favorite season (with Fall a close second) and I miss it terribly. I love snow (in reasonable amounts), sweaters, hot cocoa, and a cozy fire. Summer is and has always been my least favorite. I am thankful for the sun, but I don't enjoy being outside in it. What am I doing in Florida? Well, only the Lord knows the answer to that, but I can tell you one thing... it is not the weather keeping me here!
Fears, Anxieties and Lows
In my first blog, I mentioned that we had dealt with infertility for 3 years before conceiving our daughter Elizabeth. We desire another child and are struggling with infertility again. Due to results from a previous diagnostic surgery and recent testing completed, we know that the problem lies with one or both of my fallopian tubes being inaccessible. There is a chance, but we just don't know if we can conceive without further infertility treatment. I would appreciate prayers to be able to focus and pray about our desires, what God desires for us, and what the next step might be in this process. Because I am a stay at home mother of a 3 yr old and provide childcare for additional children part-time (which can leave me physically and mentally frazzled), I am having a difficult time focusing and reflecting on my feelings about being back in this struggle with infertility.
Encouragements and Teaching
I have really been excited about reading the Word. I am reading through the Bible Genesis-Revelation and I just finished the gospels. I loved reading the gospels back to back and comparing the different styles of writing. I really loved John as it seemed to be a more personal account of the experiences of Jesus and His followers.
I would like to encourage those of you who are searching for a book or study for your quiet time to simply start reading through the Bible as you feel led. Although some books are harder to get through than others (think Leviticus and Numbers) I have a much better understanding of the Old Testament law and how we were freed from the law through Jesus Christ.
Additional Prayer Requests:
1. Keith and I would not forget to be thankful and enjoy the blessing of Elizabeth in the midst of our unmet desires for her to have a sibling.
2. Keith and I would schedule time to focus on our relationship with each other and with the Lord.
3. My brother and sister-in-law-to-be (May 14th) to have their eyes and hearts open to the Lord.
Brief background of how we ended up in Orlando...My husband and I moved to Orlando in November of 2004 from Howell, MI. We felt that it was time for a change and God was leading us here. We did not have jobs lined up or even many leads when we left MI, but we sold our house and moved to a small apartment in East Orlando, trusting God would provide. It was a more difficult adjustment than we expected, but 6 months later we were both employed. We had friends here from college (Purdue University), Ryan and Jenni McIntire. They were attending H2O, so we decided to check it out. The first time we visited, we felt the authenticity of H2O that we were longing for in a church family. God has blessed us greatly giving us the opportunity to serve at H2O.
What do you like to do for fun?
I really enjoy cooking. I don't cook gourmet meals by any means and I don't like to bake. My goal is to keep recipes simple, healthy and tasty.
I like to find and create recipes that are budget-friendly and don't require hours and hours of prep work. Although we don't have a home that is ideal for entertaining, I really enjoy having friends over for dinner. Planning and cooking dinner for my husband Keith and 3 yr old daughter Elizabeth is a time that I look forward to almost every day.
I also enjoy planning and organizing pretty much anything, especially in our home. I like when things are in order and systems are created that work well.
What is an interesting fact about you?
Despite living in Florida, Winter is and has always been my favorite season (with Fall a close second) and I miss it terribly. I love snow (in reasonable amounts), sweaters, hot cocoa, and a cozy fire. Summer is and has always been my least favorite. I am thankful for the sun, but I don't enjoy being outside in it. What am I doing in Florida? Well, only the Lord knows the answer to that, but I can tell you one thing... it is not the weather keeping me here!
Fears, Anxieties and Lows
In my first blog, I mentioned that we had dealt with infertility for 3 years before conceiving our daughter Elizabeth. We desire another child and are struggling with infertility again. Due to results from a previous diagnostic surgery and recent testing completed, we know that the problem lies with one or both of my fallopian tubes being inaccessible. There is a chance, but we just don't know if we can conceive without further infertility treatment. I would appreciate prayers to be able to focus and pray about our desires, what God desires for us, and what the next step might be in this process. Because I am a stay at home mother of a 3 yr old and provide childcare for additional children part-time (which can leave me physically and mentally frazzled), I am having a difficult time focusing and reflecting on my feelings about being back in this struggle with infertility.
Encouragements and Teaching
I have really been excited about reading the Word. I am reading through the Bible Genesis-Revelation and I just finished the gospels. I loved reading the gospels back to back and comparing the different styles of writing. I really loved John as it seemed to be a more personal account of the experiences of Jesus and His followers.
I would like to encourage those of you who are searching for a book or study for your quiet time to simply start reading through the Bible as you feel led. Although some books are harder to get through than others (think Leviticus and Numbers) I have a much better understanding of the Old Testament law and how we were freed from the law through Jesus Christ.
Additional Prayer Requests:
1. Keith and I would not forget to be thankful and enjoy the blessing of Elizabeth in the midst of our unmet desires for her to have a sibling.
2. Keith and I would schedule time to focus on our relationship with each other and with the Lord.
3. My brother and sister-in-law-to-be (May 14th) to have their eyes and hearts open to the Lord.
6 comments:
I love it that you are here in spite of the sun! Thanks for your honesty we will be praying for you!
As someone who has struggled with infertility as well, I totally understand that road of continual disappointment... definitely praying for you in this and really appreciate you sharing.
I know how difficult it is for you to share your struggle, but I know that God will bless you for it. Ryan and I are praying for you guys. You are family, and we love you!
Thanks for sharing your heart, Betsy :-) Love you!
Betsy, thanks for sharing, I will be praying for you and your family during this time. Perhaps you can share some of your easy, quick and healthy recipes next time I see you, i'm really into eating healthy as well! : )
Thanks for sharing your heart through your struggles. I know it's hard, and I know the struggle each month is hard. I'm glad you are wanting to focus on your relationship too - that will definitely help you stay connected. We love you and we'll keep praying for you!
Post a Comment