Psalm 34:4-5

"I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears.  Those who look to Him are RADIANT;  their faces are never covered with shame."  
Welcome to the Radiant Women's Ministry Online Devotional!
Many lives have been touched by the women of H2O sharing their hearts through this effective ministry tool!
If you are new to this devotional, we would like to share with you how it works...
Each week, one woman will be featured in the devotional. She will have the opportunity to share a little about herself and what God has placed on her heart to share with the women of H2O. At the end of each post is a comment section labeled "encouragements". This is used as an opportunity to encourage and uplift our courageous women who are graciously sharing their hearts with us.
If you haven't already done so, please consider becoming a FOLLOWER of this devotional. This helps us see who this is reaching. Please click the "FOLLOW" link below. It will ask you to create an account....it only takes a few minutes.
If you are interested in becoming a featured woman of the week in our Radiant Ministry Online Devotional, you may sign up by clicking on the link below and typing your name into an open slot.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tx9hdZxjZNuqGVTlISykNRg&hl=en#gid=0
We look forward to another year of lives being changed and the women of H2O growing closer through this unique opportunity to share what God is doing in our hearts!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Christin Bond February 28, 2011




















How long have you been attending H2O?
I have been coming to H2O for 10 years with a small break thrown in there between 2005 and 2006.

What do you like to do for fun?
For fun, I enjoy my job, performing in theatrical productions (as well as going to shows), hanging out with friends, watching movies, playing with my kids, and Jazzercise!

What is an interesting fact about you?
An interesting fact about myself is that I can tickle myself.

I'm not exactly sure when it happened. It might have been in June after my grandmother passed away. But, at some point in the near past, I feel like I have "let myself go." Basically I have been feeling stuck in life, sad at life situations, not getting enough "me" time, super tired, frustrated at not doing things "right", and even becoming content with my body--eek! (which, for me, is not a good thing like those commercials, because it's causing unhealthy side effects). I also tended to rely too much on my husband. I put his needs above mine, and then expected that if I could make him happy, seeing and knowing that he is happy would make me happy enough. I think I did this with the expectation that he would be doing the same for me. As you can imagine, this caused a lot of pain. If he failed to make me happy or even be happy himself, I would feel discouraged and depressed. I usually try to stay positive about life, but this time around, I let myself get so discouraged about EVERYTHING, that I "let myself go."
I know this is a commonly used term, but I've never thought of or heard much about the other part to it. Where exactly are you GOING when you let yourself go? The only place I can come up with is that you go away from God's wishes. He recently revealed the concept to me that it's not really an issue of being in control of myself. It's the issue of being the caretaker of something God entrusted me to take care of. And that is myself. It's just like how God entrusts us with our children to take care of them for the first eighteen years of their lives. Well, after those first 18 years, we are still the same children, and now God entrusts us to take care of our own selves. Why do I try so hard to be the best mommy I can be to Naomi and Ethan? Because God has put me in charge of taking care of those two precious human beings. But then why wouldn't I try as hard to take care of the other human being, His child, that he has also entrusted me to take care of--myself? I don't know, but it's time to start doing that again. I can't fail at a job God has given me.
1 Corinthians 6:19 "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own"
Usually the above verse is used in regards to a passage about sexuality. But if you isolate the verse and start applying it to other areas of how you treat yourself, and take care of yourself, it's still the same temple for the Holy Spirit, and it still needs taking care of.
Matthew 25:14-30 is about the parable of the talents. verse 23 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
Sometimes taking care of myself or taking time for myself seems selfish to me, which causes me not to do it or not want to do it. But taking care of myself, taking care of my house, using money carefully, etc.--they are all those "few things" that God has entrusted us with. So I have started seeing it not as a selfish thing, but about putting time and resources toward a job God has given me. And I hope I do it well.

Prayer requests: please pray that I can have better time management skills in taking care of everyone, the housework, etc. so that I can actually get it done and not feel overwhelmed or chained down to housework like I feel captive to.
Please pray for Eric to find a fulfilling job in God's plan that provides enough monetary income for our family.

3 comments:

-Jenni said...

First of all, that is a fabulous picture of you, Christin! Second, what a great reminder that taking care of ourselves isn't selfish, but a requirement. I think God knows that if we are taking care of ourselves, then we are better prepared to take care of everyone else!! However, from experience, I know that this is easier said than done, so I will be praying for you!

Unknown said...

I hear you sister! You are such a sweet, fun, beautiful woman of God! Thank you for sharing.

Tracy said...

Thanks for sharing your heart and your needs, Christin. I too, struggle with taking time to care for myself, so your thoughts were a good reminder. I know that when I personally feel refreshed, I enjoy being with my family so much more. I'll pray that you get those times and don't feel overburdened by housework.