Get to know me…
My current occupation is the staff scheduling coordinator in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Winnie Palmer Hospital. It is a very stressful job at times because I have to make a six-week schedule for about 400 staff members every 3 weeks. What I enjoy about my job most is being able to see all of the beautiful, tiny miracles that are delivered at Winnie Palmer and knowing that God has a purpose for all of them no matter how small they are or what issues they are faced with in the NICU. Even though, I am not able to touch or care for the babies, I enjoy seeing them everyday and knowing that I make sure that we have enough nurses here to take care of them.
What God has been teaching me in my life/ what I have been learning spiritually…
Currently, God has been working on my relationship with Him as well as with my boyfriend. As with any relationship it is hard work and sometimes there are battles that need to be fought. Firstly, my boyfriend, Rick, and I are working on our personal relationships with God and our relationship with each other. The struggle that we have both faced with our relationship with God is that, although Jesus is in our lives, we put ourselves first. Therefore, we have been leading self-centered Christian lives as opposed to our goal which is a Christ centered life.
And this has brought us to our difficulty in our relationship with each other, because we were/are self-centered instead of putting God first. One of our biggest struggles has been communication, because we are self centered we only want to be heard and not listen.
Some verses that are helping us focus on our communication is Ecclesiastes 3:1-7. And I will just sum up the first verse and the last verse, “There is a time for everything, … a time to be silent and a time to speak.” And another verse that is helping us with understanding what each other is saying is James 1:19, “… but let everyone be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger.”
Since we have made a large effort to put Christ first in our own lives and pinpointed our communication gap, we have made a noticeable improvement in our communication. We are both very committed to our relationship and plan to marry one day, so I am happy with the progress we have made and realize that it will continually be something that we will need to work at, as is true in any relationship, even our relationship with God.
Prayer Requests…
*I want to begin searching for a new job, so that I can gain more experience in health administration. I like my job for the most part, but I feel the need to move on before it gets the best of me. I know that jobs are hard to find these days, so I’m sticking with what I have for as long as I can. Please pray that I may find something new before I become too burnt out.
*Please pray that Rick and I will continue working on putting Christ first in our lives as well as in our relationship with each other.
2 comments:
Anna,
I have struggled with being more Christ-centered instead of self-centered as well. God has really laid that on my heart since the beginning of this year. Thank you for the great scripture and I will be keeping you in my prayers this week!
YOU GO GIRL!!!!
I have the same struggles in my relationship, and it is sooo good to see you succeeding. Not only succeeding but actually seeking and searching for the right solutions to your problems.
Love you! You're doing a great job! =)
Post a Comment