Psalm 34:4-5

"I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears.  Those who look to Him are RADIANT;  their faces are never covered with shame."  
Welcome to the Radiant Women's Ministry Online Devotional!
Many lives have been touched by the women of H2O sharing their hearts through this effective ministry tool!
If you are new to this devotional, we would like to share with you how it works...
Each week, one woman will be featured in the devotional. She will have the opportunity to share a little about herself and what God has placed on her heart to share with the women of H2O. At the end of each post is a comment section labeled "encouragements". This is used as an opportunity to encourage and uplift our courageous women who are graciously sharing their hearts with us.
If you haven't already done so, please consider becoming a FOLLOWER of this devotional. This helps us see who this is reaching. Please click the "FOLLOW" link below. It will ask you to create an account....it only takes a few minutes.
If you are interested in becoming a featured woman of the week in our Radiant Ministry Online Devotional, you may sign up by clicking on the link below and typing your name into an open slot.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tx9hdZxjZNuqGVTlISykNRg&hl=en#gid=0
We look forward to another year of lives being changed and the women of H2O growing closer through this unique opportunity to share what God is doing in our hearts!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

April 1 - Allison Poorman


Well, here we go....I'd like to share something that God has been working on for a long time in my life, but that I just recently, as of 2 weeks ago had a revelation in. I have struggled for most of my life with the voice inside my head saying "I'm not enough..." I'm not smart enough, I'm not skinny enough, I'm not athletic enough, I'm not pretty enough, I'm not spiritual enough, the list goes on.....and so I put those thoughts on and have worn them for all these years. I have off an on throughout the years made and effort to ask for God's help to get His perspective and what He thinks about me, but most of the time, it's just easier to wear that "I'm not enough."

Up until 2 weeks ago...I strived to be "enough"...I worked very hard at it, but still would fall short in some way or another. It all came to a head after the first Radiant
Girlz Nite. My fears of not being enough for all of you and my past wounds came flooding in and I couldn't fight them off. I prayed, I confided in my husband and a few friends...and after a couple days of saddness, I said out loud to myself (I do that sometimes) :o) "Truth is, I'm not enough." "Truth is, I'M NOT ENOUGH"....GOD IS. Wow!!!  What a weight I was carrying!!! I know I'll never be perfect, nor do I want to be...but this was just another form of that. 

This is all brand new, but I'm trying to walk in the reality that I'm not enough and believe, that is a good place to be. It points others and me back to our Savior instead of myself.

Prayer Requests
1. That I would choose to fight the lies and wounds of my past and put on God's truth.
2. That I would continue to hope....even when feels to vulnerable.

No comments: