Psalm 34:4-5

"I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears.  Those who look to Him are RADIANT;  their faces are never covered with shame."  
Welcome to the Radiant Women's Ministry Online Devotional!
Many lives have been touched by the women of H2O sharing their hearts through this effective ministry tool!
If you are new to this devotional, we would like to share with you how it works...
Each week, one woman will be featured in the devotional. She will have the opportunity to share a little about herself and what God has placed on her heart to share with the women of H2O. At the end of each post is a comment section labeled "encouragements". This is used as an opportunity to encourage and uplift our courageous women who are graciously sharing their hearts with us.
If you haven't already done so, please consider becoming a FOLLOWER of this devotional. This helps us see who this is reaching. Please click the "FOLLOW" link below. It will ask you to create an account....it only takes a few minutes.
If you are interested in becoming a featured woman of the week in our Radiant Ministry Online Devotional, you may sign up by clicking on the link below and typing your name into an open slot.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tx9hdZxjZNuqGVTlISykNRg&hl=en#gid=0
We look forward to another year of lives being changed and the women of H2O growing closer through this unique opportunity to share what God is doing in our hearts!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 26 - Denise Toavs


Hey beautiful ladies,

God is amazing. He speaks and gets through to us even when we are not listening.

Some of you know that Jonathan and I have been going on a financial roller coaster ride this past couple of years. This past week, there were three unexpected things that came up. Our air conditioning needed fixed (a must in Florida), Jonathan’s car needed to be worked on, and one other surprise thing that we will have to pay a lot more for than we thought. We didn’t (and don’t) have the extra money, but they had to be taken care of.

Of course it came to a head for me emotionally at the end of a long day. I felt like I had a huge load of hopelessness dumped on me. I thought, “This is it, we are never going to get out from under this.”  I kind of ranted and raved for a few minutes and Jonathan tried to speak truth to me, but I was not hearing it. I had zero faith at that moment that God would make a way and provide for us. After a few more minutes of lying in bed, knowing sleep was not coming soon, I decided to pray. Nothing earth shattering happened, I just told God how I was feeling.

With the busyness of life that my household has been under lately (loved GodSpell, but glad that it is over), it was easy to shove down my fears and get on with life. Then…

This last Sunday morning at church, we sang “The Desert Song.”  It just hit me, I was in a desert.  If you know me, you know that I am pretty easy going and I think emotionally stable person, if that makes any sense. So to recognize and admit it was a big deal. 

Here are the lyrics; the writer says it so much better than I ever could.

The Desert Song 

Verse 1:
This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger in me
My God is a God who provides

Verse 2:
And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames

Chorus:
And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain

I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

Verse 3:
And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on its way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

Bridge:
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

Verse 4:
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow


That is exactly what I needed to hear at exactly the right moment. I love it when God speaks unexpectedly. I felt a glimmer of hope that He will provide. Maybe not in ways that I expect or would choose, but He will. 


Prayer Requests:

That God will provide in tangible ways. 

I want to be refined through the flames.  I want to let go of the things I need to.  

That I will be thankful and humble in the process.