Psalm 34:4-5

"I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears.  Those who look to Him are RADIANT;  their faces are never covered with shame."  
Welcome to the Radiant Women's Ministry Online Devotional!
Many lives have been touched by the women of H2O sharing their hearts through this effective ministry tool!
If you are new to this devotional, we would like to share with you how it works...
Each week, one woman will be featured in the devotional. She will have the opportunity to share a little about herself and what God has placed on her heart to share with the women of H2O. At the end of each post is a comment section labeled "encouragements". This is used as an opportunity to encourage and uplift our courageous women who are graciously sharing their hearts with us.
If you haven't already done so, please consider becoming a FOLLOWER of this devotional. This helps us see who this is reaching. Please click the "FOLLOW" link below. It will ask you to create an account....it only takes a few minutes.
If you are interested in becoming a featured woman of the week in our Radiant Ministry Online Devotional, you may sign up by clicking on the link below and typing your name into an open slot.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tx9hdZxjZNuqGVTlISykNRg&hl=en#gid=0
We look forward to another year of lives being changed and the women of H2O growing closer through this unique opportunity to share what God is doing in our hearts!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

April 23 - Milena DeVincenzo


Hello beautiful ladies!  A little bit about myself.  My name’s Milena…that should about cover it. ;)  I’m 19, I graduated from Highschool last year and since then have been working full time.  I grew up in Downtown Orlando with both of my parents, an older brother and the best dog ever.  Both my brother and I were homeschooled, I went to public Highschool for freshman and sophomore year, after which I attended college.   Upon graduating I took an emotionally, physically and spiritually draining job as part of a live infomercial team.   I worked my whole life towards the goal of being an actress professionally in order to impact the entertainment industry for God’s kingdom.  Fresh out of highschool I found myself overworked and sad, two things I rarely felt my whole life.  I dealt well with working hard and even was energized by it.  But eventually the job became too much and I found myself left feeling nothing.  I waited on God.  During this time I also began to reconsider my career choice.  Had what I worked my whole life for been what I really wanted?  Was it too late to make a change now?  Would all my hard work have been for naught?  I had “planned out” my entire life and now I didn’t know if that plan was all that I wanted…Or more importantly what God wanted.  Still I waited.  Partly out of fear of making another wrong choice, partly because I didn’t know what else to do.  To cut a very long story short, after eight months of working a job that in a lot of respects tore my soul out of my body (those of you who have worked sales before know what I mean) God delivered me a dream job I didn’t know I wanted.  Two months later I’m running an established Modeling and Talent Agency here in Orlando.  I had no experience.  No training.  No nuthin.  Realistically I shouldn’t have been hired.  I almost didn’t take the job because I didn’t trust my heart’s desire.  It wasn’t “in the plan”.  I still don’t know what I’m doing. Baha.  But He makes up for my shortcomings, and then some.  Things I learned in my previous job, have become invaluable in what I do now.  God planned ahead.  And his plan turned out way better than mine could ever have.  


Moral of the story:   Have hope!  Look for the big picture!  You never know why God has you in the place he does.  God had me in that job for 8 months for a reason, I didn’t see it then.  But it gave me the financial stability as well as connections and skills I need.  If you feel like you cannot see the big picture, you cannot break your tunnel vision; read His word.  Reading His livings word was the only thing that could continually bring me back down to earth.  And during that time I found what I connected to God through: nature and serving.  Figure out how you connect with God, use it…Because God wants to connect with you too.  


LOVE YOU ALL!  This blog is such a blessing!  Thank you everyone who has made it possible