Psalm 34:4-5

"I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears.  Those who look to Him are RADIANT;  their faces are never covered with shame."  
Welcome to the Radiant Women's Ministry Online Devotional!
Many lives have been touched by the women of H2O sharing their hearts through this effective ministry tool!
If you are new to this devotional, we would like to share with you how it works...
Each week, one woman will be featured in the devotional. She will have the opportunity to share a little about herself and what God has placed on her heart to share with the women of H2O. At the end of each post is a comment section labeled "encouragements". This is used as an opportunity to encourage and uplift our courageous women who are graciously sharing their hearts with us.
If you haven't already done so, please consider becoming a FOLLOWER of this devotional. This helps us see who this is reaching. Please click the "FOLLOW" link below. It will ask you to create an account....it only takes a few minutes.
If you are interested in becoming a featured woman of the week in our Radiant Ministry Online Devotional, you may sign up by clicking on the link below and typing your name into an open slot.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tx9hdZxjZNuqGVTlISykNRg&hl=en#gid=0
We look forward to another year of lives being changed and the women of H2O growing closer through this unique opportunity to share what God is doing in our hearts!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 21 - Nancy Dickeson


I'm Nancy Dickeson. I am wife to Blake, and Mom to teenagers James and Sarah. We have lived in Orlando for 11 years and Blake and I have been married for 22. My adult life has centered around my family but as the kids get older I find I'm getting pretty bored. I’m proud that they don’t need me as much but also sad. It's time for me to move into a new season and I'm fighting it!

I can be so laid back and trust wholly in God with really big aspects of our lives but when it comes to the kids it is a constant struggle for me to find peace and give up control. An example: Blake quit his job a year ago to focus on starting a new business. Things are tight financially but I rarely worry about it. I know God will take care of us and really - how many material things does a person need? But when I see some of the choices my kids make or their snarky attitudes showing I get way too stressed. I know their lives can’t be without pain but I so want to protect them. I've often wished God would literally send me emails to keep me informed of His plan.

One of my favorite scriptures is Psalm 121 and I refer to it often as a reminder of His steadfastness.

Psalm 121

1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?

2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;

4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;

6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;

8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

Prayer requests:

Blake’s Mother died last week. We have no doubt she is in Heaven and the adults are all doing fine but I know the grandkids have sad days ahead. Comfort for the children.

Pray that our kids will make good choices.