Psalm 34:4-5

"I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears.  Those who look to Him are RADIANT;  their faces are never covered with shame."  
Welcome to the Radiant Women's Ministry Online Devotional!
Many lives have been touched by the women of H2O sharing their hearts through this effective ministry tool!
If you are new to this devotional, we would like to share with you how it works...
Each week, one woman will be featured in the devotional. She will have the opportunity to share a little about herself and what God has placed on her heart to share with the women of H2O. At the end of each post is a comment section labeled "encouragements". This is used as an opportunity to encourage and uplift our courageous women who are graciously sharing their hearts with us.
If you haven't already done so, please consider becoming a FOLLOWER of this devotional. This helps us see who this is reaching. Please click the "FOLLOW" link below. It will ask you to create an account....it only takes a few minutes.
If you are interested in becoming a featured woman of the week in our Radiant Ministry Online Devotional, you may sign up by clicking on the link below and typing your name into an open slot.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tx9hdZxjZNuqGVTlISykNRg&hl=en#gid=0
We look forward to another year of lives being changed and the women of H2O growing closer through this unique opportunity to share what God is doing in our hearts!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

April 11 - Alicia Chiu


Twelve weeks ago the course of my life was drastically altered – Vince and I became pregnant (well, mostly me).  Don’t get me wrong, after nearly 8 years of marriage, this was part of “the plan” and what we wanted.  But reality doesn’t really sink in until it happens and you see a peanut-shaped blob with a heartbeat on a sonogram.  While I’m very excited to meet this amorphous being growing in my stomach, I also have some ambivalence about leaving behind this relatively carefree and independent life that my husband and I have enjoyed so much over the last 8 years.  What will become of our marriage?  Will we become one of those loving couples, living in a passionless marriage, like is so often depicted in the sitcoms and movies?  What will become of my career?  I love practicing law, but let’s face it, putting in 12 hour days and traveling to out of state depositions isn’t going to be easy with an infant.  Can I juggle it all?  And even if I can, will I be judged by other women in the church?  And then there is the most dreaded and anxiety-filled question of all…Can I be a good, present and loving mother?  I have a poor to non-existent relationship with my own mother.   My parents divorced when I was an infant and I was raised largely by my father.  Since I’ve never experienced a healthy relationship with my own mother, a small part of me worries that I won’t know how to be the mother that God wants me to be.  I don’t know the answer to these questions.  However, I do know that God put a man in my life that I love and adore.  I know that He gave me a talent and a passion for the law.  And I know that I am created and continue to be shaped in the image of Christ, not my mother.  Because of this, my twinges of anxiety don’t become an all consuming fear.  I am optimistic, happy and know that Christ is in control.      


Prayer Requests:

  • Please pray that our baby is healthy and that my pregnancy goes smoothly.  I suppose you could also pray for a painless delivery, but I guess Genesis says otherwise.     
  • Please pray that family drama doesn’t cast a pall over an otherwise joyous event.