Psalm 34:4-5

"I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears.  Those who look to Him are RADIANT;  their faces are never covered with shame."  
Welcome to the Radiant Women's Ministry Online Devotional!
Many lives have been touched by the women of H2O sharing their hearts through this effective ministry tool!
If you are new to this devotional, we would like to share with you how it works...
Each week, one woman will be featured in the devotional. She will have the opportunity to share a little about herself and what God has placed on her heart to share with the women of H2O. At the end of each post is a comment section labeled "encouragements". This is used as an opportunity to encourage and uplift our courageous women who are graciously sharing their hearts with us.
If you haven't already done so, please consider becoming a FOLLOWER of this devotional. This helps us see who this is reaching. Please click the "FOLLOW" link below. It will ask you to create an account....it only takes a few minutes.
If you are interested in becoming a featured woman of the week in our Radiant Ministry Online Devotional, you may sign up by clicking on the link below and typing your name into an open slot.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tx9hdZxjZNuqGVTlISykNRg&hl=en#gid=0
We look forward to another year of lives being changed and the women of H2O growing closer through this unique opportunity to share what God is doing in our hearts!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

April 18 - Ashley Strohlin


I guess a good place to start is when I realized I need a Savior, April 22, 2008. About 8 months earlier I began a relationship with a guy that was not only my ex’s best friend, my best friend, Stephanie’s ex and current interest still at the time. All of us were really close. We all worked together with the rest of our close friends, and spent the majority of our time together. Every time my ex broke up with me, this guy was there to tell me I am worth more, and comfort me. We took our friendship to the next level knowing that our friends would probably not approve. For 8 months we hid this relationship from everybody.  I told lie after lie to be able to hang out and be with this guy, not conscious of the consequences of lying to everyone I love. God was chasing after me, but I chose to ignore him. As the time went on, it was getting harder and harder. On April 17, 2008 I chose to end the relationship by writing a letter and sending it over the internet. I went to sleep that night knowing my roommate and best friend Anastasia was using my laptop and I was 99.9% sure I forgot to close that letter I wrote. April 18, 2008 I went into work like it was a normal day at 7am. When Stephanie came into work at 10am, I watched her body language from afar. I knew she knew. I pulled her aside, and she quickly explained she didn’t want to talk to me.  I ended up calling this guy and telling him, that Anastasia and Stephanie knew at this point, we discussed how we could twist the story to not make it sound so bad. After work, I went to my ex’s, who was trying to get me back at the time, to tell him the story which still included some lies. After I left he called Anastasia to confirm. They didn’t fall for the damage control story. I gave up on lying and went back to my ex and told him the whole truth, he was brutally honest with me, and there were a ton of tears. Leaving his house, I knew I had no choice but to tell everyone I love the whole honest truth, knowing I would probably lose them all. I called my mentor right away and explained in tears we had to meet, and I just started telling her over the phone. She called my best friend Meghan to have her meet the both of us at my mentor’s house. I told them everything, they asked questions and I answered them truthfully, there were a ton of tears and they were brutally honest with. I met with certain friends over the next few days and told them the truth, and they were brutally honest with me. Heretofore, everyone told me they loved me, they have zero trust for me, they forgive me, but it will be hard to forget, and our friendships would be very hard. Tuesday April 22, 2008 after life group it was time to face Stephanie and be honest with her, she wrote a letter and read it aloud to me. I hurt her so deep; the letter expressed every angry bone in her body, limitations and boundaries on how we could interact at work and church, since we shared those communities, and basically said she was pretty sure this was the end of our friendship. After talking to everyone who loved me and I deeply hurt our relationships and trust, I realized the only person I could turn to for direction in what happens next was God. The whole reality on earth sucked so badly, but since I had all this free time. I had a lot of time to spend with God and in his word and that was the only place I found comfort and hope. He made me realize I have done all I can do, and spending time with Him, the ones who are supposed to come back, will.

Prayer Request:  
Please pray that my friendships continue to deepen. I feel like sometimes our lives are so busy, we make it difficult to stop and spend quality time. When we do get that quality time, it is over so quickly.