Psalm 34:4-5

"I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears.  Those who look to Him are RADIANT;  their faces are never covered with shame."  
Welcome to the Radiant Women's Ministry Online Devotional!
Many lives have been touched by the women of H2O sharing their hearts through this effective ministry tool!
If you are new to this devotional, we would like to share with you how it works...
Each week, one woman will be featured in the devotional. She will have the opportunity to share a little about herself and what God has placed on her heart to share with the women of H2O. At the end of each post is a comment section labeled "encouragements". This is used as an opportunity to encourage and uplift our courageous women who are graciously sharing their hearts with us.
If you haven't already done so, please consider becoming a FOLLOWER of this devotional. This helps us see who this is reaching. Please click the "FOLLOW" link below. It will ask you to create an account....it only takes a few minutes.
If you are interested in becoming a featured woman of the week in our Radiant Ministry Online Devotional, you may sign up by clicking on the link below and typing your name into an open slot.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tx9hdZxjZNuqGVTlISykNRg&hl=en#gid=0
We look forward to another year of lives being changed and the women of H2O growing closer through this unique opportunity to share what God is doing in our hearts!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April 15 - Stephanie Stahre

Hello ladies! As I sit here and write this, “Days Go By” by Keith Urban is playing on my itunes. Although my playlist is on a perpetual shuffle/random cycle, I find it appropriate that this is on in the background as I blog about my life. For those of you that don’t know much about me, I recently graduated from UCF with a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing. Post-grad I have decided I want to work with a non-profit organization that enhances the lives of children or families in some way. Although I’ve only been out of college for approximately 4 months, the journey has proved difficult thus far.

 I’m an extremely passionate person and as I search for a job, I find myself reading a description and getting completely amped up about it and hopeful for a chance to start as soon as possible. But, in reality, getting a call or email about my application is few and far between.  I did have one interview that went well and was with my #1 organization to work for (Give Kids the World); it ended in a rejection email a few days after the interview. Because of my passionate personality I poured myself into that opportunity and fell hard with the rejection. Picking myself back up and pursuing more opportunities after the disappointing denial was difficult for me. It’s an exhausting process. I work full-time, so in between that and the usual life commitments, applying for jobs (each application taking approximately 45 minutes after finally finding something to apply for) is tiring.

I’m learning to be more patient and trusting God that there is something He is waiting to use me for in the future. In the mean time, I’m going to try my hardest to not let days go by without learning things in this season of life. Nevertheless, when I think about the journey of College and where I want to end up, I am thankful I am not the person I was when I started at UCF in 2005. So many people can get lost in the “college lifestyle” and I’m thankful I went the opposite way and got stronger in my faith and walk with God. I hope this continues, and now when I’m concluding this writing I also find it appropriate that “Shadowfeet” by Brooke Fraser is on in the background. It is one of my favorite songs and gives me strength to carry on through life’s storms.


Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet
toward home, a land that I've never seen
I am changing: less and less asleep 
made of different stuff than when I began
and I have sensed it all along
fast approaching is the day 

When the world has fallen out from under me 
I'll be found in you, still standing
When the sky rolls up and mountains fall on their knees
When time and space are through
I'll be found in you  

Theres distraction buzzing in my head 
saying in the shadows it's easier to stay
but I've heard rumors of true reality
whispers of a well-lit way

Prayer Requests:

1)    Patience in the job search

2)    My sister (Jenn) is going through a divorce with her husband. It’s a bad situation and she needs prayer for strength and safety for her and my niece (Lily).